EPIC/ BMG Achieves Elite Status for Standards of Excellence 2017
June 22, 2017
The California Association of Physician Groups presented Beaver Medical Group/ EPIC Management with an award for Elite Status for the CAPG Standards of Excellence™ Survey 2017 at the CAPG Annual Conference. CAPG is the leading association in the country representing physician organizations.
Dr. Raymond Chan, CMO of EPIC and Dr. Lee Ounanian, Medical Director of Beaver, accepted the award. Beaver Medical Group received 5 of 5 stars awarded for achieving all Standards of Excellence.
The following rigorous categories represent the 2017 Standards of Excellence™, with Domains 1-5 to be publicly reported:
- Domain 1—Care Management Practices: Clinical system supports for quality and efficiency on a population scale.
- Domain 2—Information Technology: Funnel for accurate, actionable information to support clinical decisions and coordinate team care.
- Domain 3—Accountability and Transparency: Response to the public demand for objective information regarding performance, patient service, and regulatory compliance.
- Domain 4—Patient-Centered Care: Critical components of access, convenience, cultural responsiveness, and customized individual care.
- Domain 5—Group Support of Advanced Primary Care: Designed to make the patient-centered medical home a systemwide model and to revitalize the discipline of primary care.
- Domain 6—Administrative and Financial Capability: Aimed at managing complex relationships, diverse revenue streams, innovative payment alignment, and risk; demonstrates how our physician groups are responding to sustainable healthcare reform. (Informational only—no public reporting.)
Conducted annually, Standards of Excellence™ is a blueprint for assessing the tools and processes CAPG members have in place to meet the escalating expectations of healthcare purchasers and patients. The survey helps set the bar for healthcare consumers to evaluate a physician group’s technical quality, responsive patient experience, and affordability.
Each year, we continue seeing phenomenal commitment among our member organizations to stay ahead of the curve and drive change in how patients receive care. To reflect that engagement, the CAPG’s Clinical Quality Leadership Committee voted this year to increase the achievement thresholds across the survey’s six domains. Updates to the 2017 SOE® include questions on social determinants of health, advancing care information, same-day access of care, and government-sponsored APMs.